googleed87b46dfef1b471.html NEW ENGLAND SPORTS HUB...Red Sox Nation, Patriots Nation, The State Of The Celtics And B's .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} New England Sports Hub
patseaglesbruschi Bird,%20Larry-0000_jpg_jpg bradysicover patswinxxxix 99BannerSig1 patswincover patseaglesadam big3 04BannerSig1 patsbelgator citgonew patsdillonwinnercolts2 1091412388_9372 t1_arod patstbrowntdpitt bruschi1 patseaglesharrison2 mannybeingmannywall nomarsoxcubsreunion 002 soxdamonwallhit4
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to Google

Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

A Rocket Red Sox Revival Gets Closer To Reality

Clemens said the Red Sox did a great job as salesmen, with Theo Epstein, Larry Lucchino, John Henry, Tom Werner, and others making the trip to Houston last month for a presentation at the Clemens Foundation headquarters to Roger and his wife Debbie.

''It was a great video," said Clemens. ''It was very personable. They shot people around town. They went out to Framingham where I used to live. Deb got pretty teary-eyed about it. She loved being there in those years and we still have friends there, of course, and it was great to see the effort they put into it.

''Theo spoke to me afterward and he was explaining to me how things have changed and everything. I cut him off at one point and told him, 'You don't have to explain that to me. I know that.'
''I've seen for myself how things have changed when I come up there to see my friends. But I liked it the way it was before, so you don't have to sell me on the organization or the city or the ballpark and all the great changes they've made there."

Clemens, who pitched two scoreless innings against the Giants Sunday and is scheduled to start for Team USA Friday against South Africa, said the Sox video was about three minutes long, and his entire family viewed it a second time after the presentation.

''It went through a little bit of my career in Boston," he said. ''A lot of memories, a lot of great memories that were brought back to me. It was well done."

-Rocket Roger Red Sox Hub


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

99BannerSig1 04BannerSig1
redsoxwschamps redsox1918champs fenway2
BELICHICK:MASTER AND COMMANDER bradyafc patswincover
'86 WAS A HEEP OF TROUBLE
In 1986 Danny Heep became the first player in a World Series to be a designated hitter (DH) with the initials "D.H."
THAT'S SPELLED S-O-X
In the four major US professional sports, (Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Hockey), there are only seven teams whose nicknames do not end with an "S:" Basketball: The Miami Heat, The Utah Jazz, The Orlando Magic. Baseball: The Boston Red Sox, The Chicago White Sox. Hockey: The Colorado Avalanche, The Tampa Bay Lightning. Football: None.
NEW ENGLAND SPORTS HUB FEED: http://newenglandsportshub.blogspot.com/atom.xml
NEW ENGLAND SPORTS HUB...NESH Salutes The Reigning Champion Red Sox and Patriots http://newenglandsportshub.blogspot.com
Search Popdex:
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to My Yahoo!